Scott Zela, RN, DNP
Selected Professional Activity
• Board Certified – Adult Nurse Practitioner
• Board Certified – General Nurse Practitioner
• Member American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
• Member American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN)
• Investigational Review Board Member – University of Texas-Houston Health Science Center
• Liver Transplantation
• Clinical Trials in Anti-Viral Therapy for Hepatitis
• Liver Diseases: Fatty Liver, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, & Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Dr. Scott Zela graduated as a nurse practitioner at the University of Texas-Houston Health Science Center and, specializing in adult and geriatric medicine in 2003. He subsequently received his Doctorate in Nursing Practice in 2012 from the University of Texas-Houston Health Science Center.
Prior to graduation, he has worked at Memorial Hermann Hospital in the intensive care units and outpatient transplant areas. He has a strong background in the care of transplant patients and extensive clinical experience working with patients with renal disease and cirrhosis.
Over the past twenty years, he has been working with Liver Associates of Texas treating various liver diseases and working closely with the liver transplant program at Methodist Hospital. Dr. Zela serves as an adjunct faculty member for the University of Texas-Houston School of Nursing and serves on numerous advisory and consulting boards and is considered an opinions leader in the field of chronic hepatitis C and liver disease.