Chukwuma Egwim, MD
Selected Professional Activity
• Board Certified in Internal Medicine
• Board Certified in Gastroenterology
• Board Certified in Transplant Hepatology
• Member of the American Association for the Study of Liver Disease
• Liver Transplantation
• Clinical Trials in Anti-Viral Therapy for Hepatitis
• Liver Diseases: Fatty Liver, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, & Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Dr. Chukwuma Egwim currently serves as the Director of Post-Acute Care at the Houston Methodist Center for Liver Disease and Transplantation. He joined the Liver Associates of Texas, PA in 2008.
He obtained his M.D. degree from University of Nigeria College of Medicine. He completed his Internal Medicine internship and residency at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland (University of Maryland affiliate) and subsequently completed Transplant and Gastroenterology fellowships at the University of Texas at Houston in 2008. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology.
He is currently involved in numerous clinical trials for Hepatitis C and Fatty Liver Disease therapy. He has also authored numerous papers in the field of digestive disease and is a member of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.